How to Hire a Reliable Collision Repair Service
Accidents happen, and they can happen to anyone. Unfortunately, even the most careful drivers can get involved in accidents, and although there are many things you can do to prevent a crash, there’s not much you can do after it happens – except call for an auto body repair shop. The truth is that most drivers are unprepared, and when the accident occurs, they call the first collision repair service they find, which most of the time is the most expensive company in the business. Find a reputable contractor in advance and you won’t regret it.
1. Find a Good Auto Body Shop. All auto body shops perform professional auto body repair, so your goal is to find the best one in your area. The easiest way to do it is to ask your insurance company. Most of them have reliable auto repair shops they work with. But you can also choose one on your own. If you have any friends, family members, or neighbors who’ve used such services before, ask for recommendations. Find out whether they were happy with the work, how much the cost was, etc.
2. Ask the Right Questions. Once you have a list with at least four potential auto repair shops, call each of them and ask the following:
- How long have you been in business?
- Is your company licensed and insured?
- Do you specialize in collision repair?
- Can you offer any references?
There’s also a set of questions you must ask your auto repair shop after you bring your car to them.
- How long will it take to repair the damage?
- Has the frame of my car been bent out of shape?
- Is painting required?
- Will the parts be new, used, or OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)?
Once you have the answer to all these questions, give the mechanics your approval to start the repair. A reputable company always cares about customer service and does its best to answer honestly and professionally. Such a company is Universal Body & Repair Inc, from Jacksonville, FL. Call them at (904) 641-1201 and find out more about what they have to offer.